Ninjacart is India’s largest B2B fresh produce supply chain company. A pioneer in the tech-driven supply chain space for fresh vegetables and fruits in India, Ninjacart has raised over $150mn from Tiger Global, Accel US, Accel India, Syngenta and others. Over the last 4 years, our made-for-India technology and India centric solutions have disrupted the way fruits and vegetables move from farms to consumers plate. Today, we source fruits and vegetables from farmers across 20+ Indian states and deliver to 17,000+ local kiranas and restaurants across 7 major cities, every day, in less than 12 hours. Our vision is to build India’s most efficient and largest supply chain company, improving the lives of producers, businesses & consumers in a meaningful manner.
Our focus is to make the Ninjacart innovation more accessible and leverage our strengths to innovate for new product categories and customer segments while solving complex supply chain problems.
Read more here: https://yourstory.com/2019/04/startup-funding-ninjacart-tiger-global
Roles & Responsibilities
● This role leads Managing Transport Supply across Regional / Pan India
● This role is responsible for on-boarding transport vendors, procuring/ on-boarding vehicles, vendor relationship management, etc.
● Fulfillment of vehicle requirement as per plan and commitment
● On-time reporting and quality of drivers
● Cost Efficiency
● Service Levels on on-time delivery and pickup completion to/ from all customer points assigned to each driver
Tentative Org Structure:
● This role will have dual reporting to the Regional Last Mile Head and National Logistics Manager. All City Logistics Managers in the respective region will be reporting to this role (for example, region 1 - Mumbai, Bangalore, region 2 - Delhi, Pune, Ahmedabad, etc.)
● This role will also have a regional level team of 2-3 direct reportees at an executive and team lead level
- Minimum 4+ years - experience in logistics vendor management, logistics vendor on-boarding, vehicle procurement, etc.
- Good rapport with a significant number of vendors in multiple regions
- Astute in decision making, aggressive and ruthless in implementation
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written combined with the ability to engage effectively at all levels in the organisation and with virtual teams