Ninjacart is India's Largest agri marketing platform, solving one of the toughest supply chain problems through technology. We connect vegetables and fruits farmers directly with businesses. At one end, we help farmers get better prices and deal with consistent demand and on another end, we help retailers to source fresh vegetables at competitive prices directly from farmers. We do this effectively at lower cost, better speed and larger scale using integrated supply chain powered by technology, data science, infrastructure and logistics network.
We move one 150 Tonnes of vegetables from farm to 2200+ retailers on daily basis within 12 hours in Bangalore and Chennai. We are 600 people company. We work with 3000+ farmers. We aim to grow to 1000 tonnes of daily volumes in the next 18 months.
We are funded by Accel Partners, Nandan Nilekani, Mistletoe(Japan) & Qualcomm Ventures. To know more about us, visit https://goo.gl/n22Z5d Or watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JxUU0RnvYQ&t=2s
As a Category Head, you will work with cross-functional teams to achieve product penetration, quality benchmark and product PnL.
- Own market intelligence, Price benchmarking and Quality benchmarking across various markets for your portfolio product
- Primary responsibilities include visioning, brand development, category management and merchandising
- Drive product penetration and sale volume among customers through innovative campaigns and programs by leveraging data science
- Own end to end PnL for your portfolio products
- Explore new farming clusters for strategic sourcing
- MBA from Top institutions
- 2-6 years of experience work experience across FMCG and/or Retail in building a new segment, channel or category from bottom up
- Category management experience within a major FMCG company or significant experience in handling private brands for a major retail chain
- General management experience managing the P&L for a business with significant revenues
- Has relentless focus, strong prioritization skills, and the ability to multitask while working in a highly charged environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to work in ambiguous situations